Saturday, November 03, 2007

 

Chik-a-palooza!

Just in case there was ever any doubt on how much of a stud I am, I was surrounded by more chiks by 11am than most folks will see all day. And I brought a bunch home with me too.
I rolled out of the Burgatory Outpost at 8:30. This was later than I had planned, but I was delayed by an infernal torture device called a recumbant bike. A quick shower and I was out the door.
Despite my growing hunger I ignored all the tasty places on the way out of town. I had promised my taste buds the next thing they'd get would be a Chik. My taste buds have been loyal to me, so I felt honor bound to hold out for Chiks.
Despite my late exit, I made good time. I was helped by the fact that apparently in Myrtle Beach speed limits are only suggestions and you apparently don't have to stop at stop lights if you are really in a hurry.
I rolled into Murrells Inlet about 10am. My first mission: Breakfast. Clearly displayed on the menu are two different new breakfast items: Chik Biscuit or Chik Bisuit with gravy. To thank my taste buds for their patience, I went with both, plus hash browned Kryspers, and an OJ.
I wasn't able to "pop the top" on the Gravy covered Chik, as the thick sausage gravy acted like glue. Much like an oyster, this Chik was holding tight to the treasures within. While I was tempted to "Joey Chestnutt" the first Chik and eat it all in one bite, I felt it best to slow down and savor each bite. Oh it was heaven. Over and over again. Each bite better than the one before. How could anything compare to this? But then I saw my second Chik waiting for me.
How is a Gravy Chik? It's like waking up tomorrow (Sunday) morning, and realizing you forgot to set your clock back. There's a momentary surprise, but then there's a warm cozy happy feeling as you realize you get to curl up and sleep for another hour. Oh yes, Krystal Chik Biscuits are like a snooze button that really does give you more time. (And they don't buzz obnoxiously in your ear!)
As I savored my Kryspers and orange juice I looked around the place. I had been to this Krystal before on my whirlwind Carolina tour. This time, however I was coming to grips with what is destined to be "my Krystal" at least until they build one in Wilmington (Hint Hint, HQ!). For the record, this Krystal does have power outlets in the dining room. A long time back that issue came up as I was contemplating bringing a FoodSaver to package my Krystals for the road. The problem is, most of these outlets are in the ceiling, the rest are in the wall about 8 feet above the floor. Obviously there's safety reasons for this. Its just a bit strange looking to see power outlets on the ceiling. Perhaps this would come in handy once the Krystal test kitchen conquers gravity Krystal Kustomers find themselves adrift in the dining room. For now they're just used to plug in the fancy flat screen TVs so the customers can watch TV with their delicious meal.
As my eyes wandered around the store, I witnessed something magical.
The Krystal in Macon has the same menu displayed all day every day. Some of the newer Krystals have a small menu board. At the magic minute when breakfast turns into lunch, someone comes along and flips the menu. As I sat at my table I witnessed this event with my own eyes. I'd never seen this before and it was quite exciting. It's better than seeing Bigfoot!
You may notice something else quite amazing in the picture. As I watched the menu madness, three Chiks from Wendy's came walking in. While wearing their Wendy's shirts, they stocked up on Krystal for breakfast. I am sure you've seen those freaky commercials for Wnedys where the people with the red wig and pig tails are sceaming about justice and how they demand a fresh hamburger. I guess they found it. At Krystal!
Breakfast had ended. Lunch has begun. I was happy but not yet satisfied. What was I to do? Well there were signs everywhere telling me what to do. No I mean there were literally signs everywhere telling me what to do.

My first mission ended as a complete success. I had received my new orders from Krystal HQ: Get More Chiks. Would this mission be more difficult than the last? Could I handle more Saucy Chiks? Was I breaking some kind of Man-Law by having more than my share of Chiks all in one morning? Would I have to shove that old lady out of line to get to the register? Why am I asking all these rhetorical questions?
My next mission:
More Chiks!
Krystal Lovers get more in the sack!.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?