Thursday, May 21, 2009

 

You'd be eager to leave too.

I made a goof yesterday when I said I was flying out on Thursday. Obviously I am not flying right now. I just got excited.
I know what you are thinking. "Excited about flying? What are you, nuts?" Well if you've spent the last few days watching the following video you'd be packed and ready to go, too.

If the Video above doesn't play, click here
Her name is Katherine but she's being called "Deltalina." Apparently the people feel she has a strong resemblance to Brad Pitt's wife. I don't like Angelina, but Deltalina? With that hair and those eyes, I'd be pushing the "call" button at least every 2 or 3 minutes the entire flight.
In particular what is drawing so much attention is that "finger wag" around the 1:50 mark. It's becomes so popular there's a dedicated finger wagging video, too.

If the video above doesn't place click here.
Ok I know the second video sounds spooky and makes her look a bit scary, but if you've watched the TV show Time Warp you'd know that ANYTHING and ANYONE looks scary when you slow them down enough.
So "Deltalina" works for Delta and she's based in Atlanta. (Apparently she lives in Buckhead.) She's single and about my age. I may just have to start booking random flights on Delta to see if I can get her as MY flight attendant. Or maybe Delta.com should add a new "search field" for finding flights and let us search by flight crew.
Since I am leaving TOMORROW morning, not today, I got to check in this morning. My flight leaves at 7:15 AM so at 7:15 AM this morning I was logged in to Delta to "check in." Why try and be the first to check in? Well that's when a lot of the "preferred" seats they wouldn't let us average Joes reserve become available. When they don't get enough frequent fliers or big wigs on the flight they release those seats 24 hours in advance, so if you're fast you can move into them. It's not a change in class, just a change in location.
Sadly, since I'll be sitting on the beach 24 hours prior to my return flight, I won't be able to "jump the line" and pick a better seat. I'll likely be sitting over the wing again.
I know everyone thinks sitting up front in coach is great. There are however some problems. Depending on your plane you are usually last to board. And might be the first to get off the plane. With a layover this seems good. I was smart and scheduled a long layover so I can make a Krystal Run.
I am departing from gate C31 for my second leg, and Krystal is right by gate A28. You can check the maps for Concourse A here and Concourse C here. My flight starts boarding in Atlanta at 10:40am, so I probably won't be able to stick around Krystal long enough to get an actually Krystal on the way down. But Sunrisers and Scramblers are good enough! I'm get some steamers on the way home.
One of the down sides to sitting way up front is actually caused by the fact that it's still legal for stupid and rude people to fly.
Since they tend to board from the back of the plane to the front, they call the back rows first. I have repeatedly seen those people, as soon as they get on board, stuff ALL their bags in the FIRST overhead bin they see on the plane. Those are right above the FRONT row. If this happens a lot, by the time the people in the front of the plane board the only empty space in the overhead is way back at the back. Coincidentally over the heads of the rude/stupid people who shoved their stuff in at the front.
I know the logic is that it'll be easier for those in the back to grab their stuff on the way out. Of course it makes wonder if these people drive home from work and pull into the first driveway on their street, even though they live at the other end of the street.
The problem is that now those at the front of the plane have to get to the back of the plane, swimming against the current, to get their bags, before they can get off.
Maybe if Deltalina and the rest of the crew would be a bit more like Angelina in her latest moves and start applying the beat down on stupid passengers, things might improve. Actually if they were seated in the cargo hold, that would solve a lot of problems.
Then again if Deltalina is on my flight I'd be more than happy to be stuck on the plane a little longer. Yes, i know it's extremely unlikely she'll be on my flight, but I promise you this: if she IS on my flight I'm inviting her to come on down to Panama City Beach for the weekend. She can wag her finger at me all weekend long.
Krystal Lovers like it steamy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?