Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Why the name?

What's up with this name "The Krystal Kid" anyway?
Well, It's a short and unexciting story. I have had dozens of nicknames over the years. Lets face it, when your name is Jason Jennette, other than "JJ", what is there? Add to that the fact that I will punch you in the throat if you call me "JJ" and suddenly nicknames becomes wide open field. Here is a brief list:
J2, "J", Einstein, Dr. J, Thumper, J-sin, Robin *and* Batman, Jasoby, and the following all from my father: J, J-Pooh, Pooh, PoohBear, Bear, J-Bear.
Anyway, after I graduated college, I worked with a fraternity brother of mine, Brian, at the post office for about 2 years. That's when Brian got introduced to Krystal Thursdays. After we both got new jobs, him south of Macon and me North of Macon we'd meet half way on Thursdays for Krystals. One week for some reason he couldn't make it but I went anyway. At that point Brian dubbed me The Krystal Kid.
Now I know these days I am a bit too old to keep claiming I am a "kid" but "Krystal Guy" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Lets just say eating at Krystal always makes me feel like a kid again. If you don't like it, then

Labels: ,


Comments:
That was the short version for sure...

As we are both getting older (and I understand,) I am sure that you have only had a "senior moment" when you posted this "unexciting story". There was a little more to it than that.

Heavans sake man, embellish a little, tell a few lies, add some color, more background, make it exciting! There isn't anyone who would know the truth other than me, and I have already forgotten what I am writing about?!

:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?