Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

My nomination letter

For me, my Krystal tradition started as a way to celebrate payday. Later, in college it was a late night of food, fun and friends. In graduate school, they were an escape from the long days of study and research. These days it is a celebration of the end of the workweek and the beginning of the weekend. However, who really needs to have an excuse to eat Krystals? Certainly, not me!
Every Thursday for 16 years, I couldn't count how many Krystals I have had over the years, but I assure you I loved every single one of them.
I see it as a passion. Some of my friends admire my dedication, while others think it is an addiction. I think they're just jealous, though. You know what cures jealousy? A chili cheese pup!
Many people however think I should be in the Krystals Hall of Fame.
Sometimes it is hard to get my Thursday Krystals. My parents live 4 hours away from the nearest Krystal, so I have to bring them with me when I go visit for the holidays. Then I usually have to fend my family away from my beloved hamburgers. Occasionally I bring extras as Christmas presents. It is easy to do since they come already wrapped in a cute little box!
My Thanksgiving Krystals are the toughest. Since Thanksgiving is one of the few days Krystal is closed, I have to buy my Krystals late on Wednesday. The past 3 years, I have used them to make my stuffing, just for fun! It is delicious!
There is nothing on the menu I have not had, and few things on the menu I don't love. For breakfast some mornings, I go for the Sunrisers or the Scrambler, or both! (Yummy!)
My greatest love, though, is the cheese Krystal. I like mine "All the way". On special occasions, I add bacon, too. Usually I get the #1 combo, with a Coke.
I may not be able to eat as many Krystals as some people can, I may not eat them as often as some people may, but life is a marathon, not a sprint. Some people say you should stop and smell the roses. I think it would be better to stop and smell the Krystals! By pacing myself, I never get tired of those delicious little wonders.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?