Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Interview #1 in the bag

Ashantai from WMGT and Michael, district manager for Krystal met me for my interview this evening at 6:30. Ashantai's plan was to film me driving thru and ordering a #1 combo. She said I didn't have to "really" order it. Come on, now, lets face it, who orders Krystals and doesn't eat them? I told her I would be more than happy to order them, pay for them, and eat them. Heck, I've been doing that for years anyway. So we filmed me going through the drive through and getting a #1 combo, and she decided to film me devouring them.
I am far from a Krystal "power eater." Plus, tuck a big TV camera right up next to you and suddenly you become extremely aware of your table manners! Napkin! Posture! She did sucker me into talking with my mouth full. I've been eating Krystals without incident for years, but with a camera and an audience it becomes surreal.
I ate too quickly, partly nerves, partly cause I knew she was on a deadline. After I finished up she got in real close with the camera and microphone for an interview, then got some shots of me ordering at the counter. Twice. Thankfully I didn't have to eat three #1 combos.
She qizzed me on the menu. I failed. Krystal recently changed up their menus and the numbers changed. (She asked what the #4 was, it used to be 3 Krystal Chiks, but now it's 2 double cheese Krystals.) Then she interviewed Michael, and it was then that I found out, I am KHOF inductee #32. I know this only matters to me, but 32 is such a beautiful number to us geeks. It's 25 (Two to the fifth power).
Finally she did her part of the interview, during which I found out she had never actually eaten a Krystal!!?!? Despite my prodding she wouldn't have one. I offered her one of mine, or to buy her one and she declined. Michael and I agreed she simply HAS to eat one. Join the Krystal Kult, Ashantai! (Just kidding, Ashantai. Thank you for being cool and getting the point: its all in fun)
So now we sit and wait for it to hit TV at 11. I gave Ashantai this blog address, so we may be gettig bombarded here soon. I added a hit counter on the side this evening. I should have the interview recorded and up on the web by the end of the week. My Fox 24 interview should also be later this week. The official induction ceremony is in early April.
Lastly, a few pictures from the interview: (Hover over for comment)
Ashantai getting somebackground shotsAshantai setting up for an inside shot Michael gives the Krystal KommentAshantai wraps it up

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?